Things To Know When You Buy A Home in River Creek
The River Creek Owners Association welcomes you! We hope that you experience a smooth transition as you settle in to our beautiful community. Here are a few things to know:
- Rules and Regulations: Several documents govern River Creek, the most relevant include the Rules and Regulations and the Design Guidelines. These cover all aspects of living in River Creek (i.e. parking on streets, garbage can pick up and time limits, dog leashing and golf course access, etc.) You should have received these during the sale and closing process, and if not, they are available at the HOA office and on the community’s website. Please review them carefully, as you and your family will be held responsible for knowing and adhering to them.
- Yard Maintenance: You are responsible for keeping your property’s external appearance up to River Creek’s high standards. This includes landscaping and all structural maintenance. You are also responsible for removal of snow on your own walk and driveway.
- External Changes: Any changes or additions to your property’s exterior must first be approved by the community’s Covenants Manager and Covenants Committee. There are forms available on the website and from the HOA office that ask for specific descriptions of the proposed improvements or changes. The Covenants committee meets monthly Nov.-March and twice monthly April-Oct. and you are welcome to attend.
- Community Participation: As an owner you are encouraged to vote at the annual November Annual Meeting and your opinions and suggestions are also encouraged through attending monthly River Creek Board and Committee meetings. You can make an even greater difference by volunteering to serve on a River Creek Committee or by running for the Board of Directors.
- Social Membership: Every River Creek residence must, at a minimum, be a Social Member of River Creek Club (currently $90 month membership fee), which gives you full access to all Club amenities. If you have a Golf Membership, this fee is included. For billing purposes, the Club requires landlords to complete a form that transfers their social membership to the renter for the term of the lease.
- Special Programs: Both owners and renters are welcome to participate in all special programs and events taking place in River Creek, including community clubs, athletics, and social events.
- Communications: All River Creek Residents (owners and renters) are encouraged to register on River Creek’s Community website (www.rivercreekowners.com), which provides access to all documents pertaining to living in River Creek, the community address book, the ability to register guests, and more. Providing your email address on this site will ensure that you receive timely, informative emails from the Community Manager.
- HOA Fees: As a property owner you are automatically a member of the River Creek Homeowners Association (RCOA) and are responsible for payment of HOA monthly fees ($175.00 effective Jan 1, 2016). These fees cover 24/7 access gate personnel, and trash and snow removal. Payments should be sent to:River Creek Owners Association
C/O CAS INC
PO Box 94707
Las Vegas NV 89193-4707
- Gate Access/Transponders: Upon receiving the keys to your new home, you are entitled to also receive at no cost to you up to two car transponders (for gate access) from the home’s previous owner. Additional transponders are available for a fee from the HOA office.
- Complaint Process: Any complaint or concern you may have, concerning application of or violations of community regulations may be submitted in writing to River Creek’s HOA Manager.
Again, we welcome you to River Creek!